- on top
- first (of multiple parts)
- to climb
- to get onto
- to go up
- to attend (class or university)
- 一 (yī): one
- 丨 (gǔn): line
Characters with the same pronunciation
- 尚: still; yet; to value; to esteem;
Sentences examples with 上
Zuótiān shàngwǔ shāngdiàn kāile.
Lǎoshī kànjiàn wǒ zài zhuōzi shàng xiě dōngxī.
Shàngwǔ lěng, xiàwǔ rè.
Zuò gōnggòng qìchē qù shàngbān.
Zǎoshang chū gōngsī.
Words containing 上, by HSK level
- 不相上下 (bù xiāng shàng xià): equally matched; about the same
- 锦上添花 (jǐn shàng tiān huā ): lit. on brocade, add flowers (idiom); to decorate sth already perfect; gilding the lily;
- 上级 (shàng jí): higher authorities; superiors; CL:个
- 上进 (shàng jìn ): to make progress; to do better; fig. ambitious to improve oneself; to move forwards
- 上任 (shàng rèn): take office
- 上瘾 (shàng yǐn): to get into a habit; to become addicted
- 上游 (shàng yóu): upper reaches; advanced position
- 雪上加霜 (xuě shàng jiā shuāng): to add hail to snow (idiom); one disaster on top of another; to make things worse in a bad situation