ne(question particle for subjects already mentioned)
- particle indicating that a previously asked question is to be applied to the preceding word ('What about ...?', 'And ...?')
- particle for inquiring about location ('Where is ...?')
- particle signaling a pause, to emphasize the preceding words and allow the listener time to take them on board ('ok?', 'are you with me?')
- (at the end of a declarative sentence) particle indicating continuation of a state or action
- particle indicating strong affirmation
- 口 (kǒu): mouth
- 尸 (shī): dead body
- 匕 (bǐ): spoon / man overthrown
- 尼 (ní): Buddhist nun; (often used in phonetic spellings);
Sentences examples with 呢
Wǒ chī mǐfàn, nǐ ne?
Tā zài dǎ diànhuà ne.
Tā hé wáng xiānshēng shuōhuà ne.
Nǐ kàn, nà běn shū zài zhuōzi shàng ne.
Wǒ zài kànshū ne.
Words containing 呢, by HSK level
- 呢 (ne): (question particle for subjects already mentioned)