- (polite) my (sister, uncle etc)
- classifier for families or businesses
- refers to the philosophical schools of pre-Han China
- noun suffix for a specialist in some activity, such as a musician or revolutionary, corresponding to English -ist, -er, -ary or -ian
- 宀 (mián): roof
- 豕 (chù): pig
Characters with the same pronunciation
- 佳: beautiful; fine; good;
- 加: to add; plus; (used after an adverb such as 不, 大, 稍 etc, and before a disyllabic verb, to indicate that the action of the verb is applied to sth or sb previously mentioned); to apply (restrictions etc) to (sb); to give (support, consideration etc) to (sth);
- 嘉: excellent; auspicious;
- 夹: to press from either side; to place in between; to sandwich; to carry sth under armpit; wedged between; between; to intersperse; to mix; to mingle; clip; folder; Taiwan pr. [jia2];
Sentences examples with 家
Wǒ yào zuò chūzūchē huí jiā.
Zàijiàn! Wǒ huí jiā!
Wǒjiā yǒu māmā, bàba, mèimei hé wǒ.
Huānyíng nǐ lái wǒjiā.
Cóng jiā dào xuéxiào hěn yuǎn.
Words containing 家, by HSK level
- 家 (jiā): home; family; classifier for families or businesses; refers to the philosophical schools of pre-Han China; noun suffix for specialists in some activity such as musician or revolutionary, corresponds to English -ist, -er, -ary or -ian; surname Jia; CL:个[ge4]
- 家常 (jiā cháng): the daily life of a family
- 家伙 (jiā huo): household dish, implement or furniture; domestic animal; guy (slang); chap
- 家属 (jiā shǔ): family member; (family) dependent
- 家喻户晓 (jiā yù hù xiǎo): understood by everyone (idiom); well known; a household name
- 人家 (rén jia): other; other people; him(her, them); I
- 儒家 (rú jiā ): Confucianism; Confucian school, founded by Confucius 孔子[Kong3 zi3] (551-479 BC) and Mencius 孟子[Meng4 zi3] (c. 372-c. 289 BC);