- to open
- to start
- to turn on
- to boil
- to write out (a prescription, check, invoice etc)
- to operate (a vehicle)
- carat (gold)
- abbr. for Kelvin, 開爾文|开尔文[Kai1 er3 wen2]
- abbr. for 開本|开本[kai1 ben3], book format
- 一 (yī): one
- 廾 (gǒng): two hands
Sentences examples with 开
Zuótiān shàngwǔ shāngdiàn kāile.
Yīn wéi mǎshàng jiù yào kāishǐ shàngkèle, suǒyǐ kuài jìn jiàoshì.
Xiānshēng, qǐngwèn nín shénme shíhòu kāishǐ diǎn cài?
Wǒ huí kāichē.
Wǒmen zài kāihuì.
Words containing 开, by HSK level
- 开 (kāi): to open; to start; to turn on; to operate (vehicle)
- 公开 (gōng kāi): public; to publish; to make public
- 开发 (kāi fā): exploit (a resource); open up (for development); to develop
- 开放 (kāi fàng): to lift (a ban or restriction); to open to the outside world (politics); to open for public use; to come into bloom (of flowers)
- 开幕式 (kāi mù shì): opening ceremony
- 开水 (kāi shuǐ): boiled water; boiling water
- 展开 (zhǎn kāi): to unfold; to carry out; to be in full swing; to launch
- 召开 (zhào kāi): to convene (a conference or meeting) ／ to convoke; to convoke; to call together
- 敞开 (chǎng kāi): wide open; to open up
- 开采 (kāi cǎi): to extract (ore or other resource from a mine); to exploit; to mine
- 开除 (kāi chú): to expel
- 开阔 (kāi kuò): wide; open (spaces); to open up
- 开朗 (kāi lǎng): spacious and well-lit; open and clear; to open out (onto a wider vista); optimistic; cheerful; carefree; easy-going; open-minded
- 开明 (kāi míng): enlightened; open-minded; enlightenment
- 开辟 (kāi pì): to open up; to set up; to start; to build
- 开拓 (kāi tuò): to break new ground (for agriculture); to open up (a new seam); to develop (border regions); fig. to open up (new horizons)
- 开展 (kāi zhǎn): (begin to) develop; unfold; to start; to launch; to open; to carry out
- 开支 (kāi zhī): expenditures; pay; expenses; CL:笔[bi3]
- 盛开 (shèng kāi): blooming; in full flower