开 in English
- to open
- to start
- to turn on
- to boil
- to write out (a prescription, check, invoice etc)
- to operate (a vehicle)
- carat (gold)
- abbr. for Kelvin, 開爾文|开尔文[Kai1 er3 wen2]
- abbr. for 開本|开本[kai1 ben3], book format
- 一 (yī): one
- 廾 (gǒng): two hands
Characters with the same pronunciation
Sentences examples with 开
Zuótiān shàngwǔ shāngdiàn kāile.
Wǒ huí kāichē.
Wǒmen zài kāihuì.
Wǒ kāile sān nián chūzū chēle.
Xiānshēng, qǐngwèn nín shénme shíhòu kāishǐ diǎn cài?
Words containing 开, by HSK level
- 开 (kāi): to open; to start; to turn on; to operate (vehicle)
- 公开 (gōng kāi): public; to publish; to make public
- 开发 (kāi fā): exploit (a resource); open up (for development); to develop
- 开放 (kāi fàng): to lift (a ban or restriction); to open to the outside world (politics); to open for public use; to come into bloom (of flowers)
- 开幕式 (kāi mù shì): opening ceremony
- 开水 (kāi shuǐ): boiled water; boiling water
- 展开 (zhǎn kāi): to unfold; to carry out; to be in full swing; to launch
- 召开 (zhào kāi): to convene (a conference or meeting) ／ to convoke; to convoke; to call together
- 敞开 (chǎng kāi): wide open; to open up
- 开采 (kāi cǎi): to extract (ore or other resource from a mine); to exploit; to mine
- 开除 (kāi chú): to expel
- 开阔 (kāi kuò): wide; open (spaces); to open up
- 开朗 (kāi lǎng): spacious and well-lit; open and clear; to open out (onto a wider vista); optimistic; cheerful; carefree; easy-going; open-minded
- 开明 (kāi míng): enlightened; open-minded; enlightenment
- 开辟 (kāi pì): to open up; to set up; to start; to build
- 开拓 (kāi tuò): to break new ground (for agriculture); to open up (a new seam); to develop (border regions); fig. to open up (new horizons)
- 开展 (kāi zhǎn): (begin to) develop; unfold; to start; to launch; to open; to carry out
- 开支 (kāi zhī): expenditures; pay; expenses; CL:笔[bi3]
- 盛开 (shèng kāi): blooming; in full flower