- to be born
- to give birth
- to grow
- 生 (shēng): be born
Characters with the same pronunciation
Sentences examples with 生
Xí xiānshēng zěnme yàng bù zhè'erle?
Nàxiē xuéshēng bù tīng lǎoshī.
Wǒ de yīshēng shì yīgè hǎorén.
Shēntǐ shēngbìngle, yào chī yào.
Words containing 生, by HSK level
- 生气 (shēng qì): angry; mad; offended; animated; to get angry; to be enraged; to take offense; animation
- 产生 (chǎn shēng): to arise; to come into being; to come about; to give rise to; to bring into being; to bring about; to produce; to engender; to generate; to appear; appearance; emergence; generation; production; yield
- 花生 (huā shēng): peanut; groundnut; CL:粒[li4]
- 陌生 (mò shēng): strange; unfamiliar
- 人生 (rén shēng): human life
- 生产 (shēng chǎn): to give birth to a child; parturition; to produce; manufacture
- 生动 (shēng dòng): vivid; lively
- 生长 (shēng zhǎng ): to grow
- 诞生 (dàn shēng): to be born
- 生存 (shēng cún): to exist; to survive
- 生机 (shēng jī): opportunity to live; to reprieve from death; life force; vitality
- 生理 (shēng lǐ): physiology
- 生疏 (shēng shū): unfamiliar; strange; out of practice; not accustomed
- 生态 (shēng tài): way of life; ecology
- 生物 (shēng wù): organism; living creature; life form; biological; CL:个
- 生效 (shēng xiào): to take effect; to go into effect
- 生肖 (shēng xiào ): one of the twelve animals symbolic of the earthly branches 地支[di4 zhi1]; animal from the Chinese zodiac;
- 生锈 (shēng xiù): to rust; to grow rusty; to corrode; oxidization
- 生育 (shēng yù): to bear; to give birth; to grow; to rear; to bring up (children)
- 天生 (tiān shēng): innate; natural
- 维生素 (wéi shēng sù): vitamin
- 自力更生 (zì lì gēng shēng): regeneration through one's own effort (idiom); self-reliance