点 in English
- point (in space or time)
- to draw a dot
- to check on a list
- to choose
- to order (food in a restaurant)
- to touch briefly
- to hint
- to light
- to ignite
- to pour a liquid drop by drop
- (old) one fifth of a two-hour watch 更[geng1]
- dot stroke in Chinese characters
- classifier for items
- 卜 (bo): divination
- 口 (kǒu): mouth
- 灬 (biāo): fire, legs
Characters with the same pronunciation
Sentences examples with 点
Tā chī yīdiǎn.
Xiànzài jǐ diǎnle?
Qǐng chī diǎn er mǐfàn.
Xiànzài shí'èr diǎnle.
Wǒ bā diǎn huí jiā.
Words containing 点, by HSK level
- 点 (diǎn): a little; a bit; drop (of liquid); stain; spot; speck; jot; dot stroke (in Chinese characters); decimal point; point; mark (of degree or level); a place (with certain characteristics); iron bell; o’clock; some; (point) unit of measurement for type; to touch on briefly; to make clear; to light; to ignite; to kindle; period of time at night (24 minutes) (old); a drip; to dibble; classifier for small indeterminate quantities
- 一点儿 (yī diǎn er): a little (bit)
- 地点 (dì diǎn ): place; site; location; venue; CL:個|个[ge4];
- 缺点 (quē diǎn): weak point; fault; shortcoming; CL:个
- 特点 (tè diǎn): characteristic (feature); trait; feature; CL:个
- 优点 (yōu diǎn): merit; benefit; strong point; advantage; CL:个
- 重点 (zhòng diǎn): emphasis; focal point; priority; key; with the emphasis on; focusing on